Saturday, April 6, 2013

I may have failed to mention in my introduction to the class that I've been trying a new hobby; homebrewing.  I haven't gotten to the "keg" level, yet, and the beer I've produced hasn't been that great, but I am finding the process pretty fascinating.  Thinking about Cohen's description of the eras of marketing, it seems like trend in the beer industry was moving back to the craftsmen and simple trade era, but then I read that Berkshire Brewing Company will be producing 12 ounce cans of their Steel Rail Ale soon.  Ugh!  Personally, I prefer their Lost Sailer IPA, anyway, so I hope they never decide to can that, but...  As I said, I am probably the oldest person in the room, so I've been a consumer/customer for longer than anyone else in the room.  I also work in an industry (electrical power) which does not really consider the customer enough.  My next post will talk more about the electric power market, because it is different in different areas of our country and my company.  I just wanted to get this out there as a test to see how this works.  More tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment